NSFA REF: GP_0026/NY2017
Key words from Parents: "NSFA consultant has kept his words. Our Boy EN_K does talk up to 5-word sentence and keep clothes in his body always" While visiting NY, the NSFA Consultant commented see our boy that he will speak, and he will not un-cloth himself in public ..He needed to conduct Detoxification task complete within Boy EN_K and bring in vital balance of his vocal systems and functions
The PDD characteristics of Boy EN_K:
Boy EN_K was residing in New York, with his parents and one elder sister. Boy EN_K was 9.5 years old. The parents came in touch with NSFA consultant in the fall of 2015 while he was visiting NY.
The Boy EN_K had PDD (Pervasive Developmental Disorder) holding following features.
- Only couple of words, could not communicate in a sentence
- Did not keep any cloths in his body in public (He came in and took all his cloth out of his body)
- No social communication
- Very aggressive
- Poor eye contact
- Was not focussed at any learning and getting involved in group works
- Getting speech therapy but not productive
- Cuts papers into pieces
- No number senses
NSFA consultant as usual explained the treatment process. It was specifically a critical case and made it sure that the parents understand the process, struggle, and maintenance of continuity of treatment. The parents agreed to undertake a long-term treatment progressive approach.
After couple of interviews with the parents and observing the Boy EN_K a constitutional spectrum was structured. Remedy administration plan was developed. This boy was over 5 years of age! It was clearly stated that the child will require several years (at least 3.0 years) to get to an optimum level of recovery through NSFA treatments. The parents were in the agreement
IMPROVMENT AS TREATMENTS CONTINUES
Boy EN_K began to recover miraculously within 4th month of the treatment.
Significant development features were:
- Planned detoxification worked slowly. Although it took bit longer, EN_K did not regress!
- Vocal functions got better with in 18 months with increasing no of words, The EN_K started giving 2-3 word sentences after 24 months
- Took instruction from teachers, therapist and parents (Slowly … he got attached to one therapist. She could effectively make Boy EN_K work around with all necessary school tasks.)
- Gave much better in attention and kept eye contact more
- Boy EN_K's aggression got better with time, it took longer to contain (till such time his realization and common senses become focused, understanding regarding his environment got much clearer. Parents were told, that Boy_En_K will take long time to behave normally)
- Social skills improvement trend was noticed
- Cutting papers in to pieces reduced
- Parents worked closely with school and program, Boy EN_K acted positively.
Conclusions: To be noted that there were some discontinuities in the treatment of this EN_K as Parents travelled to Bangladesh couple of times. Two times the remedies got discontinued. Still En_K progressed in terms of vocabulary development, Instruction taking, improvement in eye contact, and furthered common-sense. Importantly, he continually kept clothes in his body! The Mom and Dad got sincerely happy and provided a reference.
NSFA thanks the Dad for giving the opportunity to treat Boy EN_K
This parent communicated that the boy has made substantial progress at 3 years treatment. They are happy for the time being and may continue in future.